Emergency & Critical Care Technician
VCA Capital Area Veterinary Emergency and Specialty has opportunities available for experienced Veterinary Technicians to join our fast-paced, AAHA-accredited, 24-hour emergency & specialty hospital in Concord NH as an Emergency Technician. We have shifts available days, swing or overnight.
Our specialties include: Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Surgery, Emergency and Critical Care, and i131.
VCA CAVES is the only Emergency and Specialty veterinary hospital in Concord, NH. This is a great opportunity for a Veterinary Technician who wants a challenge, using all their skills and the opportunity for growth.
The ideal candidate will have top level technical skills and demonstrate a professional attitude with their coworkers. The successful candidate will share our commitment to delivering the highest quality patient care with exceptional client service.
Why Join The VCA CAVES Family?
We are passionate about supporting Technicians and are committed to your personal career development. VCA is a community of dedicated professionals that will encourage you to explore everything a Technician career has to offer. We create and support an inclusive work environment where you can focus on your career, your happiness, and the patients you serve. Below are some of the many benefits of joining the VCA team!
· Access to the people and financial resources of a large veterinary community
· Leadership opportunities
· Career development programs
· Opportunities to give back through strong Shelter partnerships and VCA Charities
· CE allowance
· Tuition support and sponsorships
· Vet Tech license reimbursement
· Free wellness subscriptions (Head Space)
· Referral bonuses
· Competitive wage
· Medical, dental & vision insurance
· Life, long and short term disability insurance
· Paid parental leave
· Paid vacation and sick time
Skills & Qualifications:
· Certified veterinary technician preferred but not required
· Emergency experience preferred but not required
· Professional demeanor and appearance, excellent interpersonal skills, and a positive, friendly attitude
· Ability to plan, organize, make decisions and communicate effectively and clearly with fellow team members, clients and doctors
· Able to handle multiple tasks at once, and deal with high levels of stress in an environment of changing priorities
o Strong technical skills including but not limited to:
o Applied Laboratory , Radiology, Applied Pharmacology, Transfusion Medicine, Nursing Care and Anesthesia for Emergency Surgery
· Provide top quality care for patients coming to our emergency department
· Work with the ICU nurses to transfer admitted patients from ER to ICU
· Provide client updates on the patients under your care
· Work closely with the Technician Assistants to create a CARE TEAM.